Sunday 29 May 2011

John Barrowman: “Jack gets full-on boy-sex!”


DISCLAIMER:
I take no responsibility for the dangerously rising blood pressure of any Ianto Jones fans.


John Barrowman has spoken to Entertainment Weekly, dispelling any ideas that the new series of Torchwood: Miracle Day would be watered down in its sexually-related areas for its new American audiences, now being co-produced by US cable network Starz

"I knew they would be true to the show and not change drastically," says star John Barrowman. "If it was watered down, I wouldn't have done it. For those people who are our stanch fans, it's going to have the heart and soul of Torchwood which we've always had, plus the energy and excitement of a show that's bigger and better."

As for his character's love life, Barrowman says Capt. Jack "gets to have full-on boy-sex a couple of times. On those days going to work I'd wake up and Scott my partner would say, ‘What are you filming today?' And I'd say, ‘Oh it's going to be a tough day, I get to have sex with a 24 year old.'" [...]

"You're going to get a lot into the history of Jack," Barrowman teases. "You see one of his big relationships that defines a lot about who he is. You also find out a lot about Jack and Gwen."

Despite not being a die-hard Ianto Jones fan myself, my only concern is hoping that they don’t skate over the grief and depression Jack has gone through, following Ianto’s tragic death in ‘Children Of Earth’.


Torchwood: Miracle Day premieres (local time zones)…
  • BBC One (UK) - Starz (USA) - Space (Canada) – Friday 8th July
  • UKTV (Australia) - Saturday 9th July 8:30PM

> Entertainment Weekly

What do you think? Are you glad they’re not watering it down for a US audience?
Please comment.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be more glad! And I must also say that Torchwood sans Borrowman would be utterly good.

    ReplyDelete

Do you want Christopher Eccleston back for the 50th Anniversary?
YES!! - That would be absolutely brilliant!
Not sure - I'm not bothered either way, to be honest...
No - it's good to see the back of 'im!
Create your own poll
Twitter Bird Gadget