Monday 9 May 2011

John Barrowman – "When I heard about Bin Laden…"

articleimage_495
John Barrowman, otherwise known by most as Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and his spin-off series Torchwood, has spoken out about the moment he heard of Osama Bin Laden’s death…

"I was in Palm Springs, in the swimming pool with the dogs, and my mom (inside the house) shouted, 'Bin Laden's dead!' I heard it, but I didn't believe it, because I never believed they'd catch him, as hard as I knew different factions of the military were working on it.


So I called Scott (Barrowman's partner), who was in L.A. picking up a friend of ours who was coming in from the U.K. There was almost a sense of calm, because we didn't know whether it was real or not, but as soon as Obama came on and talked about it, it solidified.


Thank goodness they got him. That man was the catalyst, the mastermind, behind something that killed, that murdered more than 3,000 people. Maybe I'll upset some people by saying this, but I'm just really glad they got him the way they did. Evil like that we don't need around in our world."

* With thanks to Torchwood3Hub for the news

What are your thoughts on this news?
Please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want Christopher Eccleston back for the 50th Anniversary?
YES!! - That would be absolutely brilliant!
Not sure - I'm not bothered either way, to be honest...
No - it's good to see the back of 'im!
Create your own poll
Twitter Bird Gadget