BBC Worldwide (formerly 2|entertain), the company behind all of the 1963-89 story DVD releases have distributed the details and DVD cover of the upcoming release of the 1971 Season 8 serial ‘The Dæmons’, starring the Third Doctor (Jon Pertwee) and Jo Grant (Katy Manning).
‘The Dæmons’ also features the UNIT ‘family’ – Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, Capt. Mike Yates, and Sergeant Benton – and it marks The Master’s fifth ever appearance in Doctor Who, ending the series-long Master story arc.
Starring: Jon Pertwee as the Doctor, with Katy Manning as Jo Grant
Written by: Barry Letts and Robert Sloman (pseudonym ‘Guy Leopold’)
Directed by: Christopher Barry
Broadcast: 22nd May - 19th June 1971
In the peaceful village of Devil's End something very strange is happening. A professor is preparing to open a nearby burial mound and a local white witch foresees death and disaster. Meanwhile, the new vicar looks suspiciously like the Master and he is using black magic to conjure up an ancient Dæmon. Can the Doctor, Jo and UNIT stop their old enemy before he succeeds?
- The Devil Rides Out - Cast and crew talk about the making of the story.
- Remembering Barry Letts - A look at the life and work of Barry Letts.
- Location Film - A mute amateur 8mm film shot in the village of Aldbourne during the location filming.
- Colourisation Test - The original colourisation test version of episode one from 1992.
- Tomorrow's World - An article on the technology used in the restoration.
- Radio Times listings
- Programme subtitles
- Production information subtitles
- Photo gallery
- Coming Soon trailer
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
‘The Dæmons’ DVD will be available to buy from 19th March 2012 in the UK for £12.99.