Thursday 19 November 2009

His Unhinged Master


John Simm was confirmed a while ago as returning to his role as the sixth incarnation of The Master and he recently spoke to the Daily Mail about his return. He says, "If you thought I was hamming it up in the last one, wait till you see this. I like to be quite subtle, but this doesn't call for subtle. The Master is insane."

"I also used a bit of Caligula and a bit of Tony Blair. But in this, The Master is off the leash. Unhinged. Totally unplugged!" Simm adds, on taking the role again: "It was so I could prove to [my son that] daddy is an actor. He can never watch anything I'm in and this was perfect because he loves Doctor Who."

"There are moments I'll cherish for ever. The best bits about being a screen actor are the moments when the camera is behind you and, as far as the eye can see, you are in that world. There were also moments which were pure Boys' Own fantasy, but I can't say what because I don't want to ruin people's Christmas!"

What are your thoughts on this?
Please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want Christopher Eccleston back for the 50th Anniversary?
YES!! - That would be absolutely brilliant!
Not sure - I'm not bothered either way, to be honest...
No - it's good to see the back of 'im!
Create your own poll
Twitter Bird Gadget