Tuesday 31 July 2012

Olympics 2012: What Matt’s Watching…

With the 2012 Olympics captivating viewers across the globe, from its current home in London, the RadioTimes spoke to various UK celebrities, including Doctor Who’s own Eleventh Doctor – Matt Smith – and Sherlock’s Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays the eponymously-named consulting detective.

So what info did the RT reporters garner? What will Cumberbatch and Smith be watching at this year’s Olympic Games?

Matt Smith
Watching ATHLETICS: “I love to see the 400m – that used to be my event. But I’ll watch anything. My favourite Olympic memory is Linford Christie when he was doing well. I loved his intensity. But I’d watch Michael Johnson any day of the week just because he was so electrifying.”

Benedict Cumberbatch
Watching EQUESTRIAN: “I’ll be watching quite a few things. The sort of short distance track events are always exciting and I’d quite like to watch the horse competitions, because I learnt how to ride a horse for the film War Horse and now I’m a little bit obsessed with all things horsey. Oh and crazy stuff like pole vaulting.”

Read what more UK celebs are watching at the 2012 Olympics – including Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Julie Walter, Matt Baker and more – on the RadioTimes website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want Christopher Eccleston back for the 50th Anniversary?
YES!! - That would be absolutely brilliant!
Not sure - I'm not bothered either way, to be honest...
No - it's good to see the back of 'im!
Create your own poll
Twitter Bird Gadget