Sunday 29 August 2010

Karen Gillan: “I have no idea about a third series”

Yesterday, Glasgow’s famous Hamley toy store held a special signing event with Karen Gillan where she signed her autograph for over 200 fans on the packaging of her Amy Pond action figure and Doctor Who Series Five posters.

When asked about Doctor Who she told the fans she was “excited” about the upcoming start of filming on Series Six and went on - when quizzed on whether she would star in a third series - to remain tight-lipped on any possible spoilers: “Who knows? I'm just taking it series by series and I'm just having fun. So, I don't know. I have no idea.”

Karen also continued to tease the event-goers about Series Six and this year’s Christmas special, saying, “We are about to start in a week and a bit on the series, which is exciting. We've finished the Christmas special so that's all in the can and it's a good one.

"It's really funny but it's also heartbreaking and you get a glimpse into Amy and Rory's honeymoon, which is an interesting one. There's a really, really scary [monster] in the Christmas special."

Karen also told fans about her usual script-learning, "When I finish work filming in the evening we are learning lines for the next day. That's what happens. I have like an hour in the evening to do what I want to do and I just watch TV and sit there. That's not very exciting is it?"

And explained what has become an average filming day for her: "When they're setting up the lights and everything I might have a coffee. The most surreal thing is that it feels really normal now. That is normal life seeing, you know, lizards drinking coffee."

> Source

What are your thoughts on this?
Please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want Christopher Eccleston back for the 50th Anniversary?
YES!! - That would be absolutely brilliant!
Not sure - I'm not bothered either way, to be honest...
No - it's good to see the back of 'im!
Create your own poll
Twitter Bird Gadget